If you are already living in the UAE or are considering moving to the UAE it is a requirements that you have a valid visa allowing you to study.
DCT will assist students to obtain a student visa, allowing students to live and study in the UAE for the duration of their studies. We understand that the visa process can be daunting but the DCT admissions team will be happy to discuss all the details with you.
Here is your step-by-step guide to the visa process:
Send the following documents to our Admissions Department, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Colour Passport Copy (with minimum 6 months validity)
- Colour Passport Photo
- Identification Card
- Copy of Signed Offer Letter from DCT
- Birth Certificate attested by Foreign Affairs in country of birth
- A Medical test from your home country
- Payment of visa, security deposit and health insurance
Once your visa is approved, you will be informed and you can enter Dubai. On arrival, present your passport to DCT Admissions.
The entire process takes between 15-20 days.
- Start the Emirates ID application process, which requires a fingerprint scan at the Emirates ID office and photos.
- A Medical test
- Passport will be returned with student visa.
- Emirates ID will be processed and received.
Please note the following:
- For students currently on a parent/spouse/sponsor, visa will require a No Objections Letter, a template will be provided by DCT.
- For those with GCC passports, a visa is not required. However, a letter from DCT is still required to process Emirates ID.
- International students require a student visa to study and reside in the UAE.
Visa Fee (Includes Medical Insurance): AED 5,200
Scholarships and Awards
International students will be consider for DCT scholarships and awards as detailed above.
If a student’s programme of study is terminated for any reason, the student visa will be cancelled. Upon completion of a student’s programme of study, the student visa will also be cancelled.
This information is subject to change and updates as per the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD).