DCT can sponsor your student visa once your application has been accepted and you have paid the fees to
confirm your place on your chosen course.
Here is your step-by-step guide to the visa process:
Send the following documents to our Admissions Department, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Colour Passport Copy (with minimum 6 months validity)
- Colour Passport Photo
- Identification Card
- Copy of Signed Offer Letter from DCT
- Birth Certificate attested by Foreign Affairs in country of birth
- A Medical test from your home country
- Payment of visa, security deposit and health insurance
Once your visa is approved, you will be informed and you can enter Dubai. On arrival, present your passport to DCT Admissions.
The entire process takes between 15-20 days.
- Start the Emirates ID application process, which requires a fingerprint scan at the Emirates ID office and photos.
- A Medical test
- Passport will be returned with student visa.
- Emirates ID will be processed and received.
Please note the following:
- For students currently on a parent/spouse/sponsor, visa will require a No Objections Letter, a template will be provided by DCT.
- For those with GCC passports, a visa is not required. However, a letter from DCT is still required to process Emirates ID.
- International students require a student visa to study and reside in the UAE.
Visa Fee (Includes Medical Insurance): AED 5,200
Cancellation and Renewal of Visa
Students who terminate their studies before visa expiry will have their visa canceled immediately. Thereafter, the student must make other arrangements in order to remain in the country. Visa cancellation charges apply.
This information is subject to change and updates as per the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD).